Friday, February 3, 2017

First Steps and 2017 Goals

Hey all,

Welcome to the blog.

This is my first time doing a blog but I wanted to set up something a little organized to track my hobby goals for this year. Hopefully this will keep me focussed on completing my goals and give me a chance to share what I'm working on with anyone who is interested in following along. I am a bit of a magpie gamer, I play CCGs, minis, RPGs and board games, basically anything that catches my fancy so I'll be using the blog to keep track of the games I'm trying, probably with some reviews along the way. Thanks for coming along, let's have ourselves some fun.

A couple of the games I am playing pretty regularly and will focus a lot of the content here around are: Magic (cliche though that is), Guild Ball, Marvel Universe Miniatures Game and Warmachine/Hordes. I'm also open to any suggestions from my readers. If there is something you want to see reviewed, painted or played, drop me a line. If it's interesting, I'm happy to try anything once.

 Time to get down to brass tacks. What are the hobby goals I mentioned?

  • Paint at least one mini a week. This might come from any of the games I enjoy but I'll be posting pictures as I get them done.
  • Play more games. At least once a week I am planning to get a game in with one of the members of my local gaming group. I'll try to post up some battle reports, match reports or just general discussion about the games as I play them.
  • Build one piece of terrain per month. I've been playing various minis games for years and am getting a little bored with empty tables, or playing around coke cans and various bits of detritus standing in for scenery. I'll be putting together, either from scratch or from a kit, one piece of terrain a month as well as painting it for use on the table. This is an entirely new area of the hobby for me, so expect some growing pains but it should be even more fun for that. 


That's about it to get us started but please drop me a comment below and tell me what games you like, and what goals you've set for yourself this year.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment